Watford 1 - 2 Blackpool Match Report.

12/03/2013 11:52

Watford were beaten for the first time in 8 games at Vicraage Road on Saturday after Blackool came back rom 1-0 down to win 2-1 with two goals in the last 15 minutes. The match was dominated by referee dicisions by referee Andrew Madley who should have awarded two penalties to the Hornets due to fouls on Troy Deeney and Lloyd Doyley in the penalty area. The Hornets were superb in the first half but their second half performance was dissapoiting as they simply could not keep possesion of the ball and invited Blackpool on to them. Gianfranco Zola had to make a host of changes before kick off. Mark Yeates came in for the njured Nathaniel Chalobah whilst Matthew Briggs made his debut in place of Joel Ekstrand who was left on the bench due to a light injury. Marco Cassetti was also lef on the bench so Lloyd Doyey returned in defence to captain the side. Fernando Forestieri was handed a start instead of Matej Vydra after his two goals on Tuesday night. The Hornets injury woes were deepened with 15 minutes to go before kick off after Almen Abdi pulled out after feeling his groin. So Jonathan Hogg came off the bench to start so Sean Murray was ib the bench. The Hornets were dominant during the first half and were on top right from the start. In the 5th minute, Mark Yeates won the bal before running forward and passing to Fernando Forestieri whose shot from the edge of the area went narrowly wide. Soon after, Ikechi Anya played a deligthful cross to Jonathan Hogg who saw his header go aggonisinly wide. The Hornets should really have been ahead. Then the hornets had a half penalty shout when Daniel Pudil was pulled down from a corner by Kirk Broadfoot. Andrew Madley did not see it this way and gave a Blackpool free kick as well as a talking to to the pair. Midway through the first half and the Hornets took the lead. After a throw in from Fernando Forestieri was intercepted by Gary Mcenzie, Troy Deeney closed Mcenzie down before winning the ball. He strode forward and looked set to take a shot but unselfishly rolled the ball to Cristian Battochio who lifted the ball over Matt Gilks and in to the net to put the Hornets in front. This was Battochio's second goal of the season since he arrived from Udinese on loan at the start of the season. Blackpool roared back and would have scored if it werent for a magnificent save from Jonathan Bond. Matt Derbyshire saw a looping header which looked destined to go in but Jonathan Bond somehow kept the ball out. Then late on in the first half the Hornets should have had a penalty but somehow Andrew Madley (Who has given the most penalties this season) somehow did not point to the spot. The ball was played in to Troy Deeney who had a defender right on his back. As Deeney tried to win the, the defender pulled him back as well as having his arm around Deeney's neck. In fairness to Deeney, he tried to carry on but couldnt. Somehow Madley did not point to the spot. Even from the Rous Stand I could see that it was a definate penalty and this was backed up by Leroy Rosenior on The Football League show who said that it was a stonewall penalty. After a poor performance, Madley was booed off at half time by the Hornets Fans.

Half Time - 1-0

The Hornets were not themselves after half time and could not keep the ball. But they shul have doubled their advantage midway through the first half. Mark Yeates layed a free kick into the box which came out. Nyron Nosworthy then ran out and crossed the ball int Deeney who did well to head the ball when he was stretching. The ball fell to Debutant Matthew Briggs who somehow missed the target. Matej Vydra then replaced Fernando Forestieri in the 68th minute But after some poor ball possesion. Blackpool grew in confidece and equalised in the 75th minute. Stephen Crainey played in a cross which Tom Ince smashed into the roof of the net to make it 1-1. The midfielder celebrated infront of the Rookery who were disgusted by his reaction. The Hornets didnt really test Matt Gilks in the second half but he saved when Troy Deeney hit a shot which was straight at Gilks. Then in the 87th minute, Blackpool scored a second. From a Tom Ince corner, Gary McEnzie bundled the ball home after Jonathan Bond completly missed the ball. The goal wil go down as an error from Bond. That wasnt the last of the drama as Lloyd Doyley was tripped in the penalty area by Stephen Crainey. Somehow Madley did not give the penalty leading to a bad day at office for for Madley. It should have been a stonewall penatly.

Full Time 1-2

Watford - Bond 6 (GK), Doyley 7 (C), Nosworthy 7 , Briggs 6.5, Pudil 6 ( Ekstrand 76), Yeates 8, Hogg 6, Battochio 6.5, Anya 6 (Geijo 84), Deeney 7 , Forestieri 6 (Vydra 68).

Subs Not Used - Bonham (GK), Murray, Cassetti, Mujangi Bia.

Goals - Battochio 25.

Yellow Cards - Forestieri.

Blackpool - Gilks (GK), Baptiste (C), Broadfoot, McEnzie, Crainey, Angel (Futacs 87), Eardly (Sylvestre H/T), Ferguson, Ince, Phillips, Derbyshire (Delfouneso 67).

Subs Not Used - Halstead (GK), Cathcart, Grandin, Caston.

Goals - Ince 75, McEnzie 87.

Yellow Cards - None.

Possesion - 50% Watford. 50% Blackpool.

Attendance - 13,857 (572Blackpool Fans

Referee - Andrew Madley.